At times, I ask myself “Why am I here in this world full of lights and shadows?”. Well, who would even care to answer such a stupid question? In the first place, when people heard my first cry, when I took my first breath in this temporary world, every bit of me doesn’t have any idea what life is. They say it was never easy, it’s short, it’s full of surprises.
As time goes by, I’m bulging, I’m gigantic, I think I’m turning into a big monster. And yeah, that’s how I describe growing up. I’ve got these two creatures who can always handle my weirdness. They always come to see me, making sure I’m alright. They do silly things in front of me when I was still a little monster just to make me smile. And most of all, they showed me something I never expected to have. Uhh. They call it love.
Honestly, I’m not that kind of guy who finds time to thank people who do something phenomenal for me. For all those years that I’ve journeyed life, I would like to thank Mr. Leo L. Martinez, a pastor, and Mrs. Gemma Dipus Martinez, a pharmacist for everything they’ve done for me. I can’t guarantee to elaborate that “everything”, I know it would take more than the whole universe to mention every little thing they did, from bringing me to life until what I am today.
Thank you for teaching me good morals, providing me more than what I need, guiding me in making precise and accurate decisions, for trusting me to go into a University far from home, and especially bringing me nearer to God.
Mom, the sweetest thing you’ve done for me is carrying me for 9 months. I know it was the hardest months of your life, carrying a heavy burden wherever you go. I’m sorry for not being the son you wanted me to be but I know there are a lot of rooms for improvements. Mom, thank you for working all day long even if you can't walk. Thank you for finding time to call me even if you feel the pain every night. Thank you for being my personal tutor Mom. Thank you for enduring the pain walking just to be with me on my graduation. You’re one of a kind. I love you.
Dad, thank you being there in the happiest and saddest times of my life. Because of Mom’s "disability", it is you who is always with me in almost all the firsts in my life, like my first competition, my first day at school, and especially my circumcision, in which I cried. Thank you Dad for bringing me to school every morning for the past 12 years. Thank you for being my personal adviser in decision making. Thank you for everything Dad, especially the non-material ones. I love you.
Mom, Dad, thank you for molding me to a God-fearing person. Thank you for correcting my mistakes and helping me to be a better person. Thank you for the stuffs you sacrificed just to make me happy, even though I'm an ungrateful bastard sometimes. Thank you for loving me with no bounds. Lastly, I would like to thank God for granting me two persons who told me to call them “Mamang and Papang”.
No comments:
Post a Comment